(TCO 1) The HAL and executive services are elements of the __________.
- (TCO 1) Information on installed hardware, software, system configuration, and current running programs can be accessed using ________.
command prompt (cmd.exe)
system information utility (msinfo32.exe)
- (TCO 2) The ____ is a measure of resistance to electricity
- (TCO 2) A system might have up to ____ types of ribbon cables
- (TCO 2) When should a soft boot be used on your computer?
Only when absolutely necessary
Anytime you want
There is no such thing as a soft boot.
- (TCO 3) What type of RAM do most motherboards use today?
- (TCO 3) To help secure a computer, you can set a startup or “power-on” password so that the startup BIOS will ask for the password during the boot process. This password is stored in _______.
- (TCO 3) The term form factor in regards to a motherboard refers to the ______ layout of the components on the board
- (TCO 9) When you first purchase a notebook, make sure you have a ____ CD containing the installed OS so you can recover from a failed hard drive
- (TCO 9) ____ let you specify which devices are to be loaded on startup for a particular user or set of circumstances
- (TCO 9) What types of SO-DIMMS can NOT be used in a notebook PC?
200 pin DDR SO-DIMMs
200 pin DDR2 SO-DIMMs
64 pin DDR2 SO-DIMMs
- (TCO 4) The sector on the disk drive that keeps track of the location of where the partitions are located is called the ___________.
master boot record (MBR)
hard disk sector
- (TCO 4) What is the minimum amount of RAM required for a Windows 7 installation?
512 megabyte 32-bit and 1 gigabytes 64-bit
1 gigabyte 32-bit and 1 gigabytes 64-bit
1 gigabyte 32-bit and 2 gigabytes 64-bit
2 gigabyte 32-bit and 3 gigabytes 64-bit
- (TCO 4) What is the minimum processor speed required for a Windows 7 installation?
- (TCO 7) Normally, the name of the access point (called the ____) is broadcast so that anyone with a wireless computer can see the name and use the network
- (TCO 7) This command allows you to find a NIC Card’s IP Address
- (TCO 7) For dynamic IP addressing, if the PC cannot reach the ____ server, then it assigns itself an IP address.
- (TCO 6) A _____ is a USB device replacing floppies as a means of transporting data from one computer to another
- (TCO 6) The connector on a video card that has fifteen connectors in three rows is used for _____.
black and white monitors
Any of the above
- (TCO 6) Some storage devices use memory chips to store data instead of spinning disks. Examples include which of the following
Hard Drives, Jump Drives, and CD Drives
Jump Drives, CD Drives, and Flash Memory Cards
CD Drives, Flash Memory Cards, and Floppy Drives
SSD, Jump Drives, and Flash Memory Cards
- (TCO 6) Another name for a FireWire port is ____ port
- (TCO 5) A(n) ______ allows you to set up a second operating system without disturbing the existing operating system
special product key
- (TCO 5) What is the minimum hard drive size for Windows Vista?