BUS 475 Assignment 1: Social Performance of Organizations
Assignment 1: Social Performance of Organizations
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of Apple, and identify two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment that can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
- Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
- Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with Apple.
- Submit a reference page with at least four (4) quality references that you have used for this presentation / paper. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which they are part of an interactive system.
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility and citizenship.
- Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.
BUS 470 Module 5 Assignment 1: LASA 2: Organization Website Review
Select either an international service organization or a multinational corporation and conduct a preliminary assessment of their website.
In your review:
• Explain your initial impression of the organization based upon your initial review of their corporate website.
• Analyze their Vision, Mission and Goals in reference to the company’s competitive strategy, branding and messaging
• Analyze the company’s strategic approach to globalization and their approach to competition, sustainability, CSR, marketing, analysis (external, internal, industry), and cross border issues
• Examine the company’s financials included in their most recent annual report and review the profit margin statement from the CEO. What conclusions can you draw from their financial statements?
• Evaluate the firm’s Corporate Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility Policy. What expectations are presented in the policy? Explain the tangibility of the company’s policies
• Include an organizational assessment using SWOT or Porter’s Five Forces
• Explain the company’s capacity to be able to fulfill strategic missions while increasing profit margin
• Include an Introduction and Summary statement in your review.
Your paper should be between 7 -10 pages in length, in correct APA format and use 4-5 outside sources.
Submit your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1
BUS 470 Module 4 Assignment 2: Marketing of the Acquisition by EDUS
In this assignment, you will research information related to the marketing and promotion of the acquisition by EDUS and provide an assessment.Click here to review the EDUS case and consider the following:
Topics for Research and Analysis
Promotional Goals: Identify specific objectives related to the promotion of EDUS’s acquisition of the institution. In addition, identify specific objectives related to informing potential students of new capabilities and offerings resulting from the acquisition. (Promotional goals vary. Some organizations need to create awareness of their product’s benefits compared to competitors. Other promotional goals may involve communicating new uses for an item, or informing customers or lower prices.)
Business Environment: Identify cultural and legal factors that might influence promotional decisions – both in announcing the acquisition within the region and recruiting new students to the institution. (In some countries, certain information is required in television commercials selling products aimed at children.)
Media Plan: Analyze media availability to determine cost-efficient methods of communicating with potential students within the country and within the geographic region. (While television, radio, newspapers, magazines, and the Internet may be common in industrialized countries, developing economies may require other different media. In some countries, advertising messages are broadcast through large speakers mounted on moving trucks.)
Promotional Strategy: Compare the benefits of push-and-pull promotions for acquiring new students at the institution. Devise a promotional strategy that will help EDUS expand the student body and also inform potential students of increased capability of the institution resulting from this acquisition.
Economic, Cultural, and Political-Legal Environment: Investigate the economic, cultural, and political-legal environment that might affect promotional messages and media relevant to this acquisition.
Recommended Actions: Recommend EDUS actions related to promotional goals, needed adaptations due to cultural or legal factors, and a media plan. Provide evidence to support your recommendations.
Conclusions:Draw conclusions about the material you have presented. The opinions or judgments you present should be supported by your research.
M4: Assignment 2
BUS 470 Module 3 Assignment 2 Taking on the role
Taking on the role of a CEO, develop a PowerPoint presentation of approximately 15 slides that explains how you would adapt the Western leadership strategies of either Heifetz and Linsky or Drucker in your approach to managing an international organization on the brink of structural change and expansion. One of your main goals will be to motivate and communicate a vision while connecting to the firm’s mission for all stakeholders, including your Board of Directors. A brief profile of the organization is as follows:
• The company is a manufacturing firm with annual earnings in excess of $350 million.
• It is headquartered in the United States, has two branches in the United Kingdom, and one expansion branch set to open in China.
• A new branch will provide more innovative technologies to infuse the firm’s declining market share while also presenting cultural management and organizational integration challenges.
Your presentation should contain the following components:
• Identification of your chosen leadership philosophy with justification of your choice.
• Using Porter’s Five Forces as a strategic guide, please explain how you will approach Foreign Direct Investment and Financial Risk Assessment.
• Complete a Financial Risk Assessment for acquiring the new technology company by identification and explanation of at least four risks which could impact your organization.
• Identification and explanation of the key internal structures (at least 3) that will be designed to enhance the culture within your organization
• Explanation of how projected global and market trends over the next 10-15 years will impact your company’s ability to maintain a competitive advantage.
Submit to the W3: Assignment 2
BUS 470 Module 2 Assignment 1: Discussion Question
Your company plans to establish MNE manufacturing operations in South Korea. You have been asked to conduct a cultural audit focusing on leadership behaviors of South Korea. The results of your report will be used for internal training for plant managers due to be reassigned to work with South Korean managers in a few months. You are aware of a high-collectivism culture with a Confucian code of ethical behavior in South Korea. What kinds of South Korean leadership behaviors would you expect to include in your report? Describe these in terms of interaction between the U.S. and Korean managers as well as interaction between Korean leader-followers.
respond to the discussion question assigned by the faculty. Submit your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Use the same Discussion Area to comment on your classmates’ submissions and continue the discussion until . Comment on how your classmates would address differing views
BUS 470 Module 1 Assignment 2: Ethical Issues and Foreign Investments
analyze the following scenario:
There are multifaceted ethical issues relating to international investments. One aspect relates to human rights. Most Latin American governments have constitutions that mandate health care as a human right, yet some of these countries provide poor health care for the majority of their population.
During the 1980s, the general populace of these countries deteriorated, even though several Latin American countries developed strategies to reposition medical personnel and services to rural areas. Throughout this time, many international donors provided assistance; however they did so with imposed conditions. An example of this constrained assistance was the World Bank, which imposed restrictions that included privatization of health care, as well as required limitations on universal access.
Did the World Bank and other international donors act responsibly and ethically in constraining their humanitarian assistance? Who has the responsibility for the health care of the Latin American people? Is it a reasonable and socially responsible practice to offer international assistance in exchange for an opportunity to shape a country’s political and/or social system? Why or why not?
BUS 430 Assignment 1: LensCrafters Case Study
Assignment 1: LensCrafters Case Study
Due Week 4 and worth 250 points
This assignment requires student complete an analysis of the LensCrafters case from Chapter 6 of the text.
Write a six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate LensCrafters’ operations strategy and explain how the organization seeks to gain a competitive advantage in terms of sustainability.
- Analyze how operation management activities affect the customer experience. Select two (2) operation management challenges and provide the solutions for confronting them.
- Examine LensCrafters’ value chain and evaluate its effectiveness to operations in terms of quality, value creation, and customer satisfaction.
- Determine the different types of performance measurements that can be used to measure LensCrafters’ service-delivery system design. Select at least two (2) types that can be applied and provide justifications for the selection.
- Examine the different types of technologies applied to LensCrafters’ service operations and evaluate how the technologies strengthen the value chain.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.